Platinized Titanium felt 0.25 0.4mm 0.6mm for electrolyzer Hydrogen Production
Platinized titanium felt is a commonly used material in the production of hydrogen by electrolysis. This material is made by depositing a thin layer of platinum onto a titanium felt substrate, which creates a highly conductive and corrosion-resistant material.
During the electrolysis process, an electrical current is passed through an electrolyte solution, which causes the water molecules to break apart into hydrogen and oxygen gas. The platinized titanium felt is used as the anode, where oxygen gas is produced, and a cathode made of another material, typically nickel, is used to produce hydrogen gas.
The advantage of using platinized titanium felt is that it provides a large surface area for the electrochemical reaction to take place, which increases the efficiency of the electrolysis process. It also has a long lifespan due to its resistance to corrosion, making it a cost-effective solution for hydrogen production.
Specifications of Platinized Titanium felt for electrolyzer Hydrogen Production
Platinum coating thickness:0.5 micron
Fiber diameter:10~100 microns
Electrical conductivity:10~50 S/cm
platinized titanium felt is a highly specialized material designed for hydrogen production by electrolysis, and its specifications are tailored to meet the specific requirements of this application.
Properties of Titanium fiber felt for electrolyzer Hydrogen Production
Titanium fiber felt is a specialized material used in the production of hydrogen by electrolysis, and it has specific properties that make it suitable for this application. Some of the key properties of titanium fiber felt for electrolyzer hydrogen production are:
1. High surface area: Titanium fiber felt has a high surface area, which allows for efficient hydrogen gas production during electrolysis.
2. Good electrical conductivity: Titanium fiber felt has good electrical conductivity, which is important for efficient electron transfer during electrolysis.
3. Corrosion resistance: Titanium fiber felt is highly corrosion-resistant, even in harsh chemical environments, which is critical for the long-term durability of the electrolysis process.
4. High mechanical strength: Titanium fiber felt has high mechanical strength, which allows it to withstand the stresses of electrolysis and maintain its integrity over time.
5. Good thermal stability: Titanium fiber felt can withstand high temperatures up to 1000°C, which is important for maintaining the integrity of the material during the high-temperature electrolysis process.
6. Porosity: Titanium fiber felt typically has a porosity ranging from 70 to 90%, which allows for high gas and liquid flow rates and efficient hydrogen gas production during electrolysis.
Overall, the properties of titanium fiber felt for electrolyzer hydrogen production are tailored to meet the specific requirements of this application and allow for efficient, durable, and cost-effective hydrogen production.
Titanium fiber felt in electrolyzer Hydrogen Production application case
One example of the use of titanium fiber felt in electrolyzer hydrogen production is in the development of a high-efficiency alkaline water electrolyzer by researchers at the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) in Japan.
The researchers used a titanium fiber felt electrode in their electrolysis cell to increase the surface area and improve the efficiency of the hydrogen production process. The electrode was coated with a platinum catalyst to enhance the hydrogen evolution reaction.
The researchers also optimized the electrolysis conditions, including the electrolyte concentration, temperature, and flow rate, to further improve the efficiency of the electrolysis process. They achieved a high current density of 1 A/cm² and a low energy consumption of 1.5 kWh/m³ for the production of hydrogen gas.
The use of titanium fiber felt as an electrode in the electrolyzer not only increased the efficiency of the hydrogen production process but also improved the durability of the electrolysis cell. The high porosity and corrosion-resistant properties of the titanium fiber felt electrode made it highly resistant to degradation and long-lasting under the harsh conditions of the electrolysis process.
Overall, the use of titanium fiber felt in the electrolysis process for hydrogen production is a highly effective and efficient method that has been extensively studied and applied in various research and industrial settings.