titanium and titanium alloys for Classification of surface treatment
For titanium ore, titanium is very stable condition exists. If titanium ore is refined out of unstable titanium metal, the appearance has not been any disposal, then the appearance of titanium metal often exists in a particularly unstable condition. However, in order to meet the needs of production skills, the metal and titanium alloy need to be treated on the surface, so that it can reach a stable appearance with certain functions, which requires the selection of appearance disposal skills.
According to physical methods, chemical methods, etc., can be roughly divided into the following appearance disposal methods.
1. titanium and titanium alloys Appearance disposal
(1) external heat treatment
A. external quenching;
B. Exterior carburizing, nitriding, carburitriding ~ atmosphere;
C. Metal infiltration.
(2) chemical treatment (chemical conversion film) : in the metal surface with chemical methods to make maintenance film methods include oxidation, blue or black, phosphating, passivation, chromium salt disposal.
(3) Cleaning disposal: mechanical finishing, chemical cleaning, ultrasonic cleaning, laser cleaning, etc.
2. Mechanical hardening of the exterior for titanium
(1) cold hardening;
(2) rolling method;
(3) shot peening hardening.
3. External disposal of electrical spark
(1) external electrospark alloying;
(2) micro-arc oxidation;
(3) surface disposal of electric spark accumulation;
(4) discharge hardening of electric spark;
(5) electron beam surface treatment;
(6) plasma spraying;
(7) laser surface disposal.
4. titanium alloys Exterior coating
(1) Mechanical coating: brush, spray, dip, spray (organic paint);
(2) Chemical coating: electroless plating, gilding, chemical vapor deposition, liquid deposition, etc.;
(3) Hot coating method: hot dipping (hot galvanizing), hot spraying metal or non-metal;
(4) Electric coating and chemical coating: electroplating, electrophoresis, electrostatic spraying, physical gas deposition, electroless plating, melt plating, disperse dip plating, etc.;
(5) Coating: in the metal surface with rubber and synthetic resin coated with a thick layer of maintenance film, in order to maintain the metal method.
(6) Paint coating: is the most commonly implemented method, to prevent corrosion and beautiful for the purpose of implementing this method, there is a limit of several years.
The density of titanium is 4.506-4.516g/cm^3, melting point is 1668, boiling point is 3535. Therefore Titanium have low weight, excellent high strength and nonmagnetic festures, low density, excellent corrosion resistance features, high specificate strength and high temperature resistance features,so titanium and titanium alloy is available produced for titanium bar and titanium tube and titanium wire and titanium plate and so on, and certified to Medical (ASTM F67, ASTM F136, ISO5832-2, ISO5832-3), Aerospace (AMS 4928, AMS 2631b), Industrial (ASTM B348) standards.